The Mission of the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Organization
The mission of the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Organization (AWCO) involves a variety of objectives. Those objectives include the following:
- To maintain the honor and dignity of the profession of Alabama workers’ compensation personnel;
- To promote professional and social interaction as well as a better understanding among Alabama workers’ compensation personnel;
- To promote a feeling of goodwill, friendship and cooperation between the members;
- To facilitate the interchange of ideas and information on subjects of common interest;
- To provide programs of general interest to workers’ compensation personnel;
- To assist members in improving themselves so that they will be better qualified to render more efficient service;
- To bring about more uniform treatment of common problems affecting all members without binding any member to adhere to a plan incompatible with the best interest of his or her company because of peculiar circumstances;
- To foster the public goodwill for the interest which we serve;
- To conduct the affairs of AWCO on a non-profit basis for the betterment of its entire membership.
Who Comprises the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Organization Membership
This Corporation will have members comprised of the following: employees of insurance companies, adjusting companies, third-party administrators, self-insured employers, members of the Alabama State Bar, the Alabama Medical Association, persons engaged in vocational rehabilitation, investigative-type services, and/or industry vendors of other descriptions. All members shall be entitled to vote on any matter submitted to a vote of the members.
Principal Offices of Alabama Workers’ Compensation Organization
The Alabama Workers’ Compensation Organization has principle offices in Birmingham, Alabama. The mailing address of the organization is PO Box 59884, Birmingham, Alabama 35209.